NodeJS: A Comprehensive Guide
In this blog, we will share more details on Node.js to help you understand this runtime environment better.
What is NodeJS?
- It is a lightweight framework used to build server side web applications.
- It is generally used for large scale application development, especially for video streaming sites, single page applications, and other similar web applications.
- NodeJS development companies hold expertise in using event based, non-blocking I/O model of Node.js. This model makes Node.Js development a suitable choice for data intensive real time application development
- Node.js is an open source framework that is supported by a large community.
- Its community is quite active and has helped adding new features to Node.js applications.
Simple and fast:
- All Node.js libraries are asynchronous. It means that Node.js based servers never wait for an API to return the response and move on to the next API.
- Due to the event mechanism, Node.js is highly scalable and helps the server in a non-blocking response.
- Node.js can be easily built and deployed on various platforms such as Windows, MAC, and Linux.
Ideal for real time applications:
- The language has extraordinary characteristics for creating real time applications such as chat and game applications.
- It is also ideal for programs that require an event based server.
- One can always hire NodeJS developers to help out in building the applications.
- Based on the Google Chrome V8 runtime and encoded in C ++, Node.js is specially designed for various operating systems.
- Node.js dramatically reduces processing time when loading audio and video files.
- Node.js applications never buffer data and just generate data in chunks.
- Node.js uses a single threaded model with an event loop.
- As a result, it can handle a much higher number of requests than traditional servers like the Apache HTTP server.
- Node.js server responds without blocking, making it highly scalable unlike traditional servers, which create limited threads to handle requests.
These reasons justify the popularity of NodeJS development and why it is adopted by a large number of organizations and companies.
If you have a project to build a web app, it is very profitable to hire NodeJS developers for application development. We, Orange Genesis, offer a resource hiring model. You can hire NodeJs developers at affordable rates. Contact us to discuss more in detail.